Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Visa worries

I wanted to start off this week with a nice review of delicious food, but seems like that might not happen soon.
Feeling really defeated by my visa application. On hindsight (sigh) maybe I should have just went ahead and do it, instead of waiting for a potential work employment visa from my current boss. To ‘save’ that $5k turn out to be such a bad decision, that I’m scare I’m gonna end up spending more money, and might even get kick out of Australia.
I’ve told people over and over again: It takes time to do all this visa shit. But since the migration lawyer told the family we can still put it in on time by late Jan, everyone just went with her. I should have insisted on doing the visa immediately after my last class in Uni. Now, police checks might take up to 15 days in Australia, police check in Singapore will take up to 3 weeks, and I don’t even have a DIAC request to start the Singapore one yet!
Student visa is expiring in a month’s time. I really am not sure what can I do to ensure that I will be able to stay on, or at least allow me to finish my partner application.
I am not even sure if I have the money to get an immigration lawyer to do it anymore. signz

No comments:

Post a Comment