Saturday 28 March 2015

五月天成軍日


Happy 16th Birthday Mayday!

I wanted to write a dedication to the band on Dayre, but video linking isn't working *cries* so I've decided to write it on blogger instead!

Here are 16 songs which inspired me/ I just really like! In no particular order....

1) 倔強

Top of the list! This was one of the first Mayday songs that really touched my heart.There was a time at work where I was doubting myself, and this song came onto my playlist. After listening to the lyrics, I really felt... screw it! I know what I am doing is right, and if others cannot see it now, let my results show them!!



Also super in love with 士杰's version~ 


2) 溫柔(還你自由版)

Nothing is more touching than being in the 'snow' when Ashin sings this. My heart always break when he sings, "我給你自由, 我給你自由, 我給你自由. 我給你自由, 我給你全部全部全部,全部自由~~~~"

3)傷心的人別聽慢歌(貫徹快樂)



This is one of my ultimate favorite! Jeslene will tell you how HIGH I was when they played it at the F1 Singapore concert. haha. Bonus points for having a Japanese version with TERU in it! <3 Glay and Mayday loveeeeeee


4) 明白


Another song that breaks my heart whenever I hear it. How can so much hurt fit into one song? 

縱然是世界遼闊 外面的精采好多
給你的愛那麼多那麼濃 你還是不懂


Also, bonus point for having a Masa version, which I think is a lot more emotional because its just him and a guitar.



5) 志明與春嬌


OOOOhhhhh~~~ yea yeah yea yea yeaaaaaa~~~~ One of my fav Taiwanese songs from them,.. because its one of the few where I can remember all the lyrics! haha

6) 永遠的永遠/ 闖





I love the melody for this song, and 永遠的永遠 is really cute, a lot of behind the scene imagines. And 闖's lyrics are really inspiring too! Another song on my 'When I am down' playlist.

And no, I am not cheating, it's technically 1 song! hahahahah

7) 憨人



It's not a Mayday concert until this song is heard! Actually a lot of classic Mayday song have some form of ' lalalala' in it. lol 



Have you noticed how much a sucker I am for heartbreaking love songs? I think this is also one reason why I love Mayday so much- Ashin writes really good heart breaking songs, and he sings it so well too. So much emotions (but not overly).

9) 你不是真正的快樂



Besides Monster being adorable in this MV, this is another song where I just stop in my track and really listen to it... Every line seems to be talking to me (and a lot of people too, in this society where we tend to hide ourselves to be accepted by everyone). I asked myself, am I really happy at this point of time, or have I simply pretend to be happy for so long, that I think I am happy?

10) 將軍令

This is like, my morning alarm now! lol The bass is really pretty in this song, and I like the MV's directing- the use of shadows and angles to errr, hide certain features of our dear vocalist *hahahahha* Still love you a lot lahhh 主唱大人。  


11) 步步



I often say that the only good thing about 步步驚情 is the theme song. hahaha. Seriously, the show was such a disappointment, it was almost a waste of Ashin's talent to write such a beautiful song for such a bad show.  I think they should just use Ashin's lyrics and film a whole show based on it! 

12) 最重要的小事

... Yes I am super bias. IT IS A REALLY NICE SONG THOOO, And not just beautiful lyrics (as usual) but Masa did a really good job on the melody as well! It's such a sweet song that I really want this played at my wedding!

Super bonus: Masa Singing




I love Masa's singing~~ His voice is so sweet~~ <3 <3 <3 There is so many version of him singing 瑪莎的小事, and I love them all! 



Putting this one up as well because the talking in front is really cute~




ALSOOOO special feature- Monster playing it on his beautiful Gibson Signature for Masa's wedding announcement. 感动1000000%!

13) 生存以上 生活以下



... SERIOUSLY NO BIAS HEREEEEE *okay maybe a little, It's a Masa in a bear mascot! HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE IT!*

14) 我不願讓你一個人


"你說呢 明知你不在 還是會問" The first line was enough to kill me. Such a lonely song about not wanting someone to be alone.. Such a sacrificing song...

15) 牙關


My fave song written by Monster, the line 等待後面是等待 更沉默的等待 然後咬緊了牙關 等待更多的等待 was stuck with me for a really long time. 

16) 突然好想你



This song is here because of this video really. I like the song before, but after watching the 諾亞方舟concert, I was moved. Especially by Ashin's showmanship- how he just stood there and let the whole atmosphere of the concert sink into him, how the crowd just blend into one voice.... I was so moved. I hope one day, I will be able to attend a concert with a moment like this.

There we go! My 16 songs! A lot of other songs were written and crossed out, and debated... I love the whole 愛情萬歲 and 為愛而生 album, and wanted to include more songs from there, but I guess some cuts have to be made.








No comments:

Post a Comment